IBEW Local 13 Paycheck Protection
CONTINUE GETTING PAID IF YOU’RE UNABLE TO WORK DUE TO ILLNESS, INJURY, OR DEATH
Illness, Injury, and Death Are The #1 Cause of Bankruptcy & Foreclosure In America. Take Control of Financially Protecting Yourself and Your Loved Ones!
Time Left to Enroll
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
Understand the Limitations of Our Current Health & Welfare Benefits: Today, without these Paycheck Protection Benefits, 68%-100% of your income is lost when you can’t work due to illness, death or off the job injury. These supplemental benefits would pay in addition to the current benefits and provide an extra level of income protection. Here’s the income protection gaps of our current Health & Welfare plan:
Short Term Disability Insurance (STD)
Members currently only receive $400/week for 52 weeks ($850 lost income/week average)
Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Members have $0 benefits if out of work more than 52 weeks ($5,417 lost income per month average)
Members receive $4,000 AD&D (accidental deaths only) for burial expenses without providing for loved ones
Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 50 Weeks
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 2 Years after STD ends
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 13 can be denied coverage!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
Furthermore, if you experience a work stoppage due to COVID-19 and are not actively working on the effective date of coverage; you can still enroll, be covered on the effective date of coverage and continue being covered while out of work through July 31st, 2020 as long as premiums are paid.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5305 for more information.